Tamayouz International for graduation projects award
Tamayouz Award for Excellence in International graduation projects is open to architecture, urban and landscape design students worldwide to submit their graduation projects.
Read the Competition Brief
Register for this year's award
The world's Top 100 graduation projects in one place
Download submission templates and start working on your entry
- Tamayouz is a dynamic platform that goes beyond awards, enhancing networking, knowledge exchange, and support among emerging architectural talents.
- Tamayouz recognises early-career talent, fostering a community supporting professional growth and collaborative architectural opportunities.
- Tamayouz showcases top graduation projects globally, celebrating innovation and diverse architectural designs worldwide.
- The award boosts young architects’ confidence, highlighting their role in advancing architecture and impacting their communities positively.
An MSc Scholarship for 2 Years at the University Polytechnic of Milan* + Tamayouz Medal + Certificate + An invitation to attend the annual ceremony and the international design workshop (travel and accommodation covered by Tamayouz)**.
A three-month paid internship with Dewan Architects + Engineers in Dubai*** + Certificate + An invitation to attend the annual ceremony and the international design workshop (travel and accommodation covered by Tamayouz)**.
A three-month paid internship with Dewan Architects + Engineers in Dubai + Certificate + An invitation to attend the annual ceremony and the international design workshop (travel and accommodation covered by Tamayouz)**.
7 X HONOURABLE MENTIONS
Certificate + Invitation to attend the annual ceremony
SUPERVISOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
Given to the supervisor of the winning project or the supervisor with most entries supervised in the Top 10 Tamayouz Medal + Certificate.
SCHOOL OF THE YEAR AWARD
Tamayouz Medallion is given to the university of the winning project or the university with the most entries in the Top 10.
An MSc Scholarship for 2 Years at the University Polytechnic of Milan will be awarded to the Top Graduation Project submitted by an Iraqi Student. This special prize replaces the former Iraqi Graduation Projects Category.
THE SHORTLIST AND THE LONGLIST
Will feature in our online publications and social media pages.
THE WORLD’S TOP 100 GRADUATION PROJECTS PLATFORM
As part of our effort to highlight the excellent work done by students around the world, Tamayouz is launching an online platform showcasing the top 100 projects received from around the world.
An invitation to attend the Tamayouz Award Annual Ceremony for the winners mentioned above (Flight and Accommodation costs covered by the organisers for the TOP 3 winners of Tamayouz International only).
*If the winner of the scholarship (First prize) is a group entry or a joint winner, the value of the scholarship will be split evenly between the winners. Please read the scholarship terms and conditions.
** If the winners of the first, second or third prizes are groups not individuals then, the ceremony invitation will be extended to the whole team but the award will cover the travel expenses for only one individual.
*** If the winner of the Internship (Second and Third) is a group entry or a joint winner, the internship duration will be split evenly between the winners. Please read internship terms and conditions.
**** First choice for the supervisor and university with more than one entry in the Top 10, if all have only one entry in the Top 10, then the award will be given to the supervisor and university of the First Prize winner.
***** Winners are responsible for all COVID-19 travel-related arrangements such as visas, insurance, tests and vaccination certificates when required.
***** Ceremony flights will be booked from the city of residence at the time of registration.
There are four types of certificates given to the participants:
- Top 10 Certificates
- Top 20 Certificates
- Top 50 Certificates
- Top 100 Certificates
- Certificates of Competency: Given to participants who fulfilled competition submission requirements to a professional standard but didn’t make it to the Top 100 finalists.
- Graduation Timeline: To participate, you must be an individual or part of a team scheduled to present your project or graduate from your educational institution between 01/09/2023 and 01/09/2024. Proof of your status as a final-year student will be required if you reach the final stage.
- Project Requirements: We welcome submissions of projects completed in your final year of study. Eligible projects include graduation projects and any other design projects undertaken in the final year, regardless of their nature, program, budget, or scale.
- Multiple Submissions Policy: If you intend to submit more than one project, please note that each project must be registered independently. This ensures a fair and organized review process.
- Restrictions on Previous Participants: If you or any member of your team registered for the Tamayouz International Award in the previous cycle, you are not eligible to participate in this year’s competition. This applies regardless of whether a project was submitted previously.
- Eligibility for Recent Graduates: Graduates from the academic year spanning 01/09/2022 to 01/09/2023 who did not participate in the last award cycle are eligible to enter this year. Please be aware that a “Late Registration Fee” will be required instead of the standard registration fee. Make sure to select the appropriate registration option on our website.
Individuals and teams worldwide can register through our online REGISTRATION PAGE will receive an email containing their registration code and payment options.
Registration fees are tiered: $40 Early (until 31/05), $50 regular (until 31/07), $60 last chance (up to the submission deadline) and non-refundable.
If an Institution is interested in covering registration fees for its students, The Registration Fee is $500 and it covers the registration fees for all the students studying their courses.
The submission deadline is the 1st of September 2024 [6 PM GMT]. Participants will be responsible for the arrival of their proposals within the corresponding deadlines and no proposals will be accepted after the deadline.
- Participation is anonymous; use only your Unique Registration Number to identify submissions.
- English is the mandatory language for all submissions.
- Registration fees are tiered: $40 Early (until 31/05), $50 regular (until 31/07), $60 last chance (up to the submission deadline) and non-refundable.
- Registration for the current year cannot be deferred to the next year.
- Contact with jury members regarding your submission is strictly prohibited.
- Tamayouz Excellence Award reserves the right to modify competition schedules as needed.
- Submissions not adhering to competition rules or requirements will be disqualified without notification.
- Use the specified Tamayouz Templates for your graduation project submissions.
- We understand how valuable feedback can be for all participants. However, due to the overwhelming number of submissions we receive, we can only provide individual feedback to projects that reach the shortlist stage.
- Tamayouz may review submissions on an ad-hoc basis to ensure regulation compliance.
- Explicitly prohibits plagiarism; submissions will be checked for originality.
- By participating, you agree to grant Tamayouz the right to publish, exhibit, and promote your submission for competition-related purposes.
Award submissions will be automatically disqualified if:
- Any direct or indirect communication is tried with a jury member or anyone involved in preparing and organising the award to influence the evaluation process.
- Submissions are received after the specified deadline, with participants responsible for converting this to their local time zone as necessary.
- Submissions include any marks, logos, names, or identifiable information that could reveal the author(s)’ identity within the project files or embedded metadata.
- Submissions fail to comply with detailed submission requirements and rules outlined in the award brief, emphasising the importance of adhering to provided guidelines.
- Submissions found to contain plagiarised content will be disqualified, including any instances identified or complaints received regarding plagiarism after the announcement of the results.
Feb 2024: Competition launch
Feb – 31 May: Early Registration Period
1 Jun – 31 Jul: Standard Registration Period
1 Aug – 30 Aug: Last Chance to Register
1 Sep: Submission deadline
Oct 2024: Top 100 + Longlist Announcements
Nov 2024: Shortlist + Winners Announcements
All deadlines are 6 PM GMT
We are looking for aspirational and transformative projects that tackle local and global challenges and that are informed by a holistic understanding of context.
- RELEVANCE: A declaration of conditions that set the contextual parameters of the proposal. Clarity of research process.
- RESPONSE: Aspirational, transformative and original projects with a programmatic response to existing environmental, social conditions and local challenges. Clarity of design process.
- RESOLUTION: A clearly declared architectural/urban intent and design vision. Spatial, material and technical realisation.
Due to the instability and difficult security situation and the impossibility of making online payments, students studying at universities in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Ukraine, Venezuela and Yemen can register for free. Also students with refugee status (proof needed) from any nationality are exempt from registration fees.