Tamayouz Excellence Award is proud to announce the Top 20 finalists for its International Graduation Projects Award 2023.
The shortlist was selected based on the award’s assessment criteria, highlighting aspirational and transformative projects that tackle local and global challenges through a holistic understanding of context.
The award is open to architecture, urban design, urban planning, architecture technology and landscape design students worldwide.
The award aims to recognise excellence in architectural design and education worldwide and showcase excellent architectural examples to promote and provoke architectural debate.
This year, Tamayouz Excellence Award for International Graduation projects 422 teams and individuals participated in the award, representing 141 universities and 36 countries.
The shortlist for the 2023 International Graduation Projects Award is as follows:
*All finalists are arranged in order by country.
- Mateo Boasso and Laura Paz De Ochoa from the National University of Cordoba UNC, supervised by Martin Benavidez.
- Dishan Rahman from the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, supervised by Dr Md. Ashikur Rahman Joarder, and Patrick D’ Rozario.
- Abdelrahman Magdy Saleh Mohamed from Alexandria University, supervised by Sherif Farag.
- Hagar Ibrahim Attia from Alexandria University, supervised by Dr Mirhan Damir, and Sara Enany.
- Rand Safa’a Aldeen from the University of Technology, supervised by Dr Basim Hassan Hashim and Dr Anwar Subhi Ramadan.
- Heba Zakarnah from the University of Jordan, supervised by Professor Saleem Dahabreh.
- Kassem Al Saadi from the Beirut Arab University, supervised by Dr Hisham Al Aranouty.
- Majd Odeh from An-Najah National University, supervised by Dr Hasan Al-Qadi.
- Yasmin “Mohammad Hussein” Ali “Shawar Tamimi” from Palestine Polytechnic University, supervised by Fajr Tawayha.
Republic of Korea
- Eunmee Jeong from Hanyang University, supervised by Jae K Kim.
- Alan Durst Edwabne from the Universidad Francisco de Vitoria, supervised by Joaquin Mosquera Casares.
- Hani Dahman from Damascus University, supervised by Dr Natalia Atfeh.
- Joelle Dib from Damascus University, supervised by Dr Natalia Atfeh, Dr Abir Arkawi, Dr Okba Fakoush, and Dr Hayan Saffour.
- Lam Quang Nghi from the University of Architecture Ho Chi Minh City, supervised by Pham Phu Cuong.
- Mai Phuc Thinh from the Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology and Education, supervised by Nguyen Van Tat.
- Nguyen Truong Duy from the University of Architecture Ho Chi Minh City, supervised by Dr Pham Phu Cuong.
- Trần Anh Tuấn from Hanoi Architectural University, supervised by Nguyen Trung Dung.
- Tran Dinh Thuy Du from the University of Architecture Ho Chi Minh City, supervised by Pham Phu Cuong.
- Tran Thi Chi from Van Lang University, supervised by Do Quoc Hiep.
- Vo Dong Nhu from the University of Architecture Ho Chi Minh City, supervised by Dr Pham Phu Cuong.
The winners will be announced in December 2023.
The World’s Top 100 Graduation Projects Platform
FIRST PRIZE: An MSc Scholarship for 2 Years at the University Polytechnic of Milan + Tamayouz Medal + Certificate + An invitation to attend the annual ceremony (travel and accommodation covered by Tamayouz).
SECOND PRIZE: A three-month paid internship with Dewan Architects + Engineers in Dubai + Certificate + An invitation to attend the annual ceremony (travel and accommodation covered by Tamayouz).
THIRD PRIZE: A three-month paid internship with Dewan Architects + Engineers in Dubai + Certificate + An invitation to attend the annual ceremony (travel and accommodation covered by Tamayouz).
Tamayouz Excellence Award is sponsored by Coventry University, the Iraqi Business Council in Jordan, Kufa – Makiya Charity, Dewan Architects + Engineers, Bonair Ltd, the United Nations Global Compact – Iraq Network, Round City and the Oman Society of Engineers.