Tamayouz Excellence Award is proud to announce the longlist of finalists for its International Graduation Projects Award 2020.
Selection for the longlist was made based on the award’s assessment criteria, highlighting projects that are aspirational and transformative, and that tackle local and global challenges through holistic understandings of context.
The award is open to students of architecture, urban design, urban planning, architecture technology and landscape design worldwide, who are invited to submit their graduation projects. The award aims to recognise excellence in architectural design and education worldwide, and showcase excellent architectural examples to promote and provoke architectural debate.
This year, Tamayouz Excellence Award received 1,089 submissions across all of its awards, representing 141 universities and 64 countries.
The shortlist and winners will be announced in December 2020 following the Tamayouz jury meeting held remotely this year.
The award’s judges this year are:
- Ayad Al Tuhafi, UK : Owner and director of Ayad Al Tuhafi Architects
- Ben Flippance, UK: Design director for IDP Group
- Dr Felipe Samaran Salo, Spain: Dean of the Architecture School at the Universidad Francisco de Vitoria in Spain
- Dr Nahed Jawad, UK: Head of Nahed Jawad Architects and academic at Central Saint Martins
- Prisca Arosio, the Netherlands: Architect and urbanist at BASTA Urbanism, the Netherlands
- Dr Rana Aytug, UK: Architect and Researcher at Coventry University
- Sebastian Hicks, UK: Course director of architecture at Coventry University
- Stefanos Adamakis, Greece: Partner at Adamakis Architects & Associates
- Ossaid Al-Eitan, Jordan: Founder of AlKafo for Construction Management & Design Consultancy,
To read about our judges, please visit our jury page.
The longlist of finalists for the 2020 International Graduation Projects Award are:
*All finalists arranged in order by country
- Maria Rosario Ruiz Cabello and Gimena Ailen Ponce Abba from Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, supervised by Nahuel Recabarren.
- Stefania Casarin and Candela Brizuela Montenegro from Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, supervised by Cristian Nanzer.
- Hanine Issa from University of Newcastle, supervised by Peter Fisher.
- Mariam Al Gorgi from Tu Wien, supervised by Brullmann.
- Humayra Anan from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, supervised by Dr Shayer Ghafur and Simita Roy.
- Najmush Shaker from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, supervised by Dr Khandaker Shabbir Ahmed.
- Raquibul Hassan Bhuiyan from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, supervised by Patrick D’ Rozario and Tahajibul Hossain.
- Sagorika Zannat Sagorika from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, supervised by Atiqur Rahman and Fatema Tasmia.
- Umme Tahmina Haque from University of Asia Pacific, supervised by Mehrab Iftekhar.
- Faber Emilio from Universidad de los Andes, supervised by Juan Manuel Medina del Rio.
- Juan Pablo Zuleta Alvarez from Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, supervised by Carlos David Gonzalez.
- Daniel Solis from Veritas University, supervised by Ivan Delgado.
- Abdelrhman Elmahdy – University of Alexandria Faculty of Engineering, supervised by Dr Heba Jahin
- Mona Mohieeldin Ibrahim from the Politecnico di Milano, supervised by Matteo Umberto Poli.
- Nadine Hani from the American University in Cairo, supervised by Dr Amr Abdel Kawi and Dr Sherif Morad.
- Margaux Croixmarie from Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Architecture et de Paysage de Bordeaux (ENSAPBX), supervised by Xavier Leibar.
- Md Ridwanul Haque from Hochschule Anhalt – Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Dessau, supervised by Roger Bundschuh.
- Medha Bothra from University of Mumbai supervised by Arun Fizardo.
- Priyanka Mukherjee from Biju Patnaik University of Technology, supervised by Kalol Datta Chaudhuri.
- Sankeerthana Thangaraj from the School of Planning and Architecture Bhopal, supervised by Vishakha Kawathekar.
- Shravan Suresh from University of Mumbai, supervised by Samir Bagdadi.
- Zahra Abdorrashidi from Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, supervised by Farzin Izadpanah.
- Ken Chen from Kobe University, supervised by Shuhei Endo.
- Ahmad Abu Dahab from German Jordanian University, supervised by Bisher Zureikat.
- Dana Foudeh from University of Jordan, supervised by Dr Jawdat Goussous.
- Eyad Al-Rabadi from University of Jordan, supervised by Dr Deyala Tarawneh.
- Lara Jihad Abdulfattah Samara and Nancy Ismail Mohammad Al-Akhrass from Hashemite University, supervised by Yamen Al-Betawi.
- Maryam Adnan from Applied Science Private University, supervised by Ala Gammoh.
- Mohammad Al-Qubbaj from Jordan University of Science and Technology, supervised by Dr Sana’a Al-Rqaibat.
- Natalie Assaf from University of Jordan, supervised by Dr Hasan Isawi.
- Rajab Elshahubi from University of Jordan, supervised by Saleem Mokbel.
- Amineh Kassem from American University of Beirut, supervised by Rana Haddad and Sandra Al Richani.
- Stephanie Nasr from USEK – Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, supervised by Abdul Halim Jabr.
- Tarek Aboudib from Notre Dame University, supervised by Charbel Tannous.
- Faisal Alhumaidi from King Fahd University for Petroleum and Minerals, supervised by Dr Essam Hallak.
- Katarina Dimitrijevic from University of Belgrade, supervised by Ivan Raskovic.
- Alina Kim from Hanyang University, supervised by Jae Kyung Kim.
- Dalal Hafez, Aya Al Ajlani and Dana Daas from Damascus University, supervised by Dr Soulaiman AlMuhanna
- Chenglung Yu from National Cheng Kung University, supervised by Tu, Yi-Hsuan.
- Kuo-Shuo Lo from Tamkang University, supervised by Chia-Ju, Lin.
- Yin-Mei Lee from Tamkang University, supervised by Hideki Hirahara.
- Mohamed Alila from ESAD (École Supérieure d’Architecture d’Audiovisuel et du Design), supervised by Kadhem Mankai.
- Alina Sebastian and Mary Krajekian from the American University of Sharjah, supervised by Faysal Tabbarah.
- Aysha Ali from Abu Dhabi University, supervised by Dr Basem Eid.
- Christine Rizk Guirguis from the American University in Dubai, supervised by Dr Abdellatif Qamhaieh.
- Maya Roufail from the American University in Dubai, supervised by Dr Anna Cornaro.
- Nour El Ein Mokhtar from the American University in Dubai, supervised by Dr Abdellatif Qamhaieh.
- Allen Lai from the Architectural Association, supervised by Paula Cadima.
- Loc Nguyen from University of California, Berkeley, supervised by Lisa Iwamoto.
- Ken Sei Fong from FADU – Faculty of Architecture, Design and Urbanism – UdelaR, supervised by Alejandro Baptista.
Tamayouz Excellence Award is sponsored by Coventry University, the Iraqi Business Council in Jordan, Kufa – Makiya Charity, Dewan Architects + Engineers, Ayad Al-Tuhafi Architects, Bonair Ltd, British Airways, Final Fix Interiors, JT+Partners, LWK + PARTNERS, and the United Nations Global Compact – Iraq Network and Round City.