Tamayouz Excellence Award is proud to announce the shortlist of finalists for its International Graduation Projects Award 2020.
Selection for the shortlist was made based on the award’s assessment criteria, highlighting projects that are aspirational and transformative, and that tackle local and global challenges through holistic understandings of context.
The award is open to students of architecture, urban design, urban planning, architecture technology and landscape design worldwide, who are invited to submit their graduation projects. The award aims to recognise excellence in architectural design and education worldwide, and showcase excellent architectural examples to promote and provoke architectural debate.
This year, Tamayouz Excellence Award received 1,089 submissions across all of its awards, representing 141 universities and 64 countries.
The longlist for the International Graduation Projects Award 2020 was announced in November. And the winners will be announced in December 2020 following the Tamayouz jury meeting held remotely this year.
The award’s judges this year are:
- Ayad Al Tuhafi, UK: Owner and director of Ayad Al Tuhafi Architects
- Ben Flippance, UK: Design director for IDP Group
- Dr Felipe Samaran Salo, Spain: Dean of the Architecture School at the Universidad Francisco de Vitoria in Spain
- Dr Nahed Jawad, UK: Head of Nahed Jawad Architects and academic at Central Saint Martins
- Prisca Arosio, the Netherlands: Architect and urbanist at BASTA Urbanism, the Netherlands
- Dr Rana Aytug, UK: Researcher at Coventry University
- Sebastian Hicks, UK: Course director of architecture at Coventry University
- Stefanos Adamakis, Greece: Partner at Adamakis Architects & Associates
- Ossaid Al-Eitan, Jordan: Founder of AlKafo for Construction Management & Design Consultancy, lecturer at Jordan University and central commission member of the Jordanian Engineers Association
To read about our judges, please visit our jury page.
The prizes for the International Graduation Projects Award are:
- First Place: Master’s Degree Scholarship to Polytechnic University of Milan (sponsored by the Iraqi Business Council in Jordan) + Medal + Certificate + $1500 Travel Scholarship to attend the annual ceremony and the international design workshop.
- Second Place: Medal + Certificate + A $1500 Travel Scholarship to attend the annual ceremony and the international design workshop.
- Third Place: Medal + Certificate + A $1500 Travel Scholarship to attend the annual ceremony and the international design workshop.
- Honourable Mentions: Medal + certificate
- Architecture School of the Year: Medallion
- Supervisor of the Year: Certificate + Medal
The shortlist of finalists for the 2020 International Graduation Projects Award are:
*All finalists arranged in order by country
- Maria Rosario Ruiz Cabello and Gimena Ailen Ponce Abba from Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, supervised by Nahuel Recabarren.
- Hanine Issa from University of Newcastle, supervised by Peter Fisher.
- Mariam Al Gorgi from Tu Wien, supervised by Brullmann.
- Humayra Anan from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, supervised by Dr Shayer Ghafur and Simita Roy.
- Umme Tahmina Haque from University of Asia Pacific, supervised by Mehrab Iftekhar.
- Faber Emilio from Universidad de los Andes, supervised by Juan Manuel Medina del Rio.
- Juan Pablo Zuleta Alvarez from Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, supervised by Carlos David Gonzalez.
- Mona Mohieeldin Ibrahim from the Politecnico di Milano, supervised by Matteo Umberto Poli.
- Nadine Hani from the American University in Cairo, supervised by Dr Amr Abdel Kawi and Dr Sherif Morad.
- Md Ridwanul Haque from Hochschule Anhalt – Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Dessau, supervised by Roger Bundschuh.
- Sankeerthana Thangaraj from the School of Planning and Architecture Bhopal, supervised by Vishakha Kawathekar.
- Shravan Suresh from University of Mumbai, supervised by Samir Bagdadi.
- Zahra Abdorrashidi from Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, supervised by Farzin Izadpanah.
- Mohammad Al-Qubbaj from Jordan University of Science and Technology, supervised by Dr Sana’a Al-Rqaibat.
- Rajab Elshahubi from University of Jordan, supervised by Saleem Mokbel.
- Alina Kim from Hanyang University, supervised by Jae Kyung Kim.
- Kuo-Shuo Lo from Tamkang University, supervised by Chia-Ju, Lin.
- Yin-Mei Lee from Tamkang University, supervised by Hideki Hirahara.
- Mohamed Alila from ESAD (École Supérieure d’Architecture d’Audiovisuel et du Design), supervised by Kadhem Mankai.
- Ken Sei Fong from FADU (Faculty of Architecture, Design and Urbanism – UdelaR), supervised by Alejandro Baptista.
Tamayouz Excellence Award is sponsored by Coventry University, the Iraqi Business Council in Jordan, Kufa – Makiya Charity, Dewan Architects + Engineers, Ayad Al-Tuhafi Architects, Bonair Ltd, British Airways, Final Fix Interiors, JT+Partners, LWK + PARTNERS, and the United Nations Global Compact – Iraq Network.